Sunday, January 25, 2009

Coco - Nuts!

She's a wild and wacky kitty. She has redecorated the bathroom in shredded toilet paper, hidden all of the mobile items and gleefully flung cat litter from one end of the room to the other.

Today, I had her out in the main part of the house for a few hours while the other critters were secured. She checked things out, including a brief contemplation of the mantle (Ledcat was quick with the swooping in...) and then curled up on the scratching post for a nap. She wasn't the slightest bit interested in her food until I took her back upstairs later in the afternoon. I bought her some toys and I can hear her playing with them on the bathroom floor.

I've only known one other Siamese (my grandmother's cat) who was much more delicate. Coco has a thick somewhat bushy tail and heavily coated legs. Her eyes seem to be in perpetual wide open astonishment.

Ana is not a fan. Coco wants to play with her tail and Ana isn't happy about that. However, the more indignantly Ana swishes her tail, the more tempting it becomes. What to do! Ana did also not seem thrilled at Coco's mad dashes around the living room chasing toys, fluff and invisible fairies. Ana curled up next to me shivering slightly as she surveyed the chaos.

As I type, Ana is now firmly ensconced between her brothers on the dog bedding, perhaps reassuring herself that she is still the princess of the house. Deus is soothing her with a tongue bath. Overall, Ana seems to be of the opinion that Coco's only use is as a source of additional wet cat food.

Meanwhile, upstairs, Natasha is staring intently at the bathroom door trying to determine exactly what lurks on the other side.

As I sign off, Ana has returned to my side. There is a permanent wet spot on my jeans from where she buries her little nose and sighs. Poor little critter.

She's certainly got it better than the toilet paper.

1 comment:

Carma said...

Sounds like she is enjoying herself. Ana will get used to her, they all do.