Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sunday

Things are really progressing nicely. Friday night was our first family night in one bedroom and it went swimmingly. Ana trotted around the room, plopped herself on the ned and that was that. In the morning, she trotted out and everyone was fine.

Today, all three dogs are hanging out together. They went outside as a unit and enjoyed the sunshine. Ana batted around a tennis ball; when Deus went to join in, she walked away. It is the first time she's played since she arrived. At one point, Deus was sleeping in the sun and Ana was curled up next to him observing activities in the yard.

Ledcat informs me that Saturday evening, she and Ana were outside when our neighbor's dog, Winston, came out into her yard. Typically, the boys go nuts and she runs back inside. Winston wasn't afraid of Ana and came out to do her business. Ana ran up to the fence, curled her lip and growled at Winston. It was, according to Ledcat, too cute.

I took Ana to the vet yesterday where she got a clean bill of health. Dr. Nikki has a chihuaha which I did not know so she was very fond of Ana. Ana was a little scaredy cat when we first arrived, but reacted very well to the vet tech and the vet. No trembling. She wasn't happy to be toted off for her microchip, but overall she was fine. Then we stopped at Burton's Total Pet to exchange her leash (lifetime warranty). That didn't work out so we had to pick a new you (she picked glow in the dark blue) and had a treat.

Now this was interesting. She trotted around Burtons with me just fine. When I was chatting with the manager about the exchange, he bent down and she went RIGHT up to him and even took a treat. No hesitation, no cowering behind me, nothing. It was great.

At home, Ana has become my second shadow - Xander is first shadow. Wherever I go, behind me trots Xander followed by Ana. It is very cute. Ledcat says I have a shadow and a half. More like a shadow and 1/10 of a shadow! They are both stretched out on the floor here with me while I type. Deus, being a dog of intelligence, is down in the cool living room on his dog bed.

Hot, hot day. I've been doing laundry and switching out the rest of my summer clothing. I seem to have lost a dress and not sure how I managed to do it. Anyway, we may take Ana with us to get some ice cream tonight.

I have noticed that I'm slipping and calling her Mona every once in awhile. She doesn't seem to mind.

No comments: