Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thursday

Today was pretty rough. Ledcat had some sad moments getting ready for work because Mona typically laid on her pillow each morning and watched, all the while thumping her tail as if to say "ha, i'm staying right here." I cried my eyes out in the car when Pink's "Never Again" came on, especially the lyric about cherishing the last kiss. I'm scared that I didn't kiss Mona good-bye enough for her to remember and that she was afraid.

The boys are confused. When I let them in from the yard, Xander went tearing around the house looking for ... something. Mona's collar is hanging from a bookcase and he finally sat next to it, sniffed and pawed at it. My heart broke. Deus seems less concerned, but he's a lot more laid back. They aren't eating. I don't want to eat either.

I've been looking at other White Shepherds for adoption on petfinder.com. I found two, one is pretty close in Hancock County, Maryland. She's a cutie. Ledcat thinks I'm moving too quickly. But I think rescuing a dog in need is a good thing. She gets a loving home and we get to start healing that hole in our hearts. I don't know. I know she won't be Mona, but at least she won't be ... no Mona at all.

Does that make me a bad pet owner?

No comments: