Saturday, April 26, 2008

Life Goes On ...

Sigh. Went to see Dolly Parton the other night and she sang this really really sad song about a poor little neglected girl and her little doggie. The last few lines were about God taking them both together so the little girl wouldn't be lonely in heaven. I just cried buckets over that song. I barely caught the rest of the show. I kept thinking that Mona might be lonely in heaven and that's not a happy thought place to go.

There is still no sense of back to normal. I think I'm deliberately resisting it. Our grocery shopping is off, our cleaning, everything.

I've stopped thinking about putting puppy pads down now when we go to leave the house, but I still look for her when I come back home. There's the big moment of gulping.

The boys are doing okay. Still very clingy and out of sorts a bit. They don't play in the back yard.

No comments: