Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Another Dog Poop Post

Mona's poop has turned green.

Dog owners spend a lot of time talking about poop. The woofers can't tell us what's going on so we have to look for cues and poop is a great source of information. I always look at it and compare it and monitor it.

So it was green today. Well, more "greenish" than actual green. I'm not sure what that means. Too much on the green veggies?

Mona ate a decent breakfast this morning even though she really does prefer green veggies to the yogurt/canned dog food mixture. She had a Kong with cream cheese, turkey, a teaspoon of wet cat food and a carrot. She also had a prepackaged gnawing bone as a treat. Both were consumed during the day. I got home a bit early and she was anxious for her dinner (dog food with brocolli). They ate all three bowls in about 7 minutes around 5:00 PM. I watched her eat so I know she got a full serving, but she was whining a few minutes ago and licking the bowl. So I put out some more dry food and she crunched a few mouthfuls.

Her behavior is very typical .. playful, watchful. For the first time in weeks, she's gone into her little corner to curl up in a ball. She loves snow, but only in the daylight.

Essentially, another uneventful day filled with precious moments I want to keep close to my heart forever. Mona rolling on her back for stomach rubs. Mona curling up with her head on my leg. Mona nipping at her brothers in the backyard. Mona skittering around after me as I change the laundry.

How do you drink in enough of those moments to sustain you through the bad times? It dawns on me today that I'm plowing so much energy into Mona that I'm sacrificing time with the other critters. That's not a satisfactory trade off.

Ruminating ...

No comments: