Friday, January 4, 2008

Asparaginase or Round Two

This morning, I jumped in the car with my moms
and drove off for what was surely to be a fun adventure. Mom's car was at the shop b/c someone ran into her so I got to ride in a rental which was filled with cool smells and scents.

I recognized the place when we arrived, but I really had to pee so I ran off in the other direction before we went inside. Some of my favorite ladies were there to lavish me with attention UNTIL someone brought in a P-U-P-P-Y. Ick. Ick. Ick. It kept licking me and covering me in baby dog drool. Gross. Apparently, this little thing was also there for chemotherapy which makes me a little sad. He may be annoying, but he's kinda young to go through this.

The picture is me sitting in my favorite chair inside the exam room. The floor was still a little damp from the last visitor so I made one of my Moms stand. I hate wet paws. Eventually, Dr. Rogers came in and gave me the pettings I so deserve. He felt my neck and confirmed that those nasty little nodes were gone. I am a very strong dog because the nodes shrank in less than 24 hours AND I have no side effects. Take that, cancer.

I hate puking. Not only does it feel gross, but those stupid brothers of mine try to eat it before I'm done. It is bad enough they try to pee on me in the backyard. Can't a girl get a little privacy around here? Sheesh, I told my Mom they were a bad idea, but she insisted on letting them live with us. Stupid boys.

Anyway, Doc took me back for another injection of Asparaginase. I'm not fond of needles, but he smelled nice so I acquiesced with no complaint. I like men who smell nice, especially when they pet me in a Mona-approved manner. In a matter of minutes, I was outside in the waiting room with my mothers. First, I stopped off at the reception area b/c the little stinker was still in the back (he has bad veins) and allowed the ladies to adore me. Then, after a quick pee in the parking lot, we headed for home.

We did make a quick stop at Healthy Pet Products to pick up some dog food and a new chew toy for me. I let Xander have it when we got home. I'm a little tired from all this hullabaloo so I'm gonna go take a nap on the sofa. The Moms bought some new fleece throws just to make a comfy nest for me.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

No comments: