Saturday, January 5, 2008

Saturday. In the House. I wish it was the 4th of July.

Mona didn't necessarily have a bad reaction to the 2nd chemo treatment, but she is a bit more subdued today than usual. She ate less than 1/2 of her breakfast, but went back to pick at it later. She polished off her chicken/Evo treat/cream cheese Kong, but turned her nose up at extra cream cheese. Mostly, she laid on the sofa wrapped up in "her" fleece throw and snoozed.

She was very perky when our new handyman arrived to repair the fence. She was equally responsive when we returned from a quick trip to the library and grocery store. Hint: avoid the Brighton Heights Giant Eagle at all costs ... it was as if someone smashed yinzerfest into geezerfest with the requisite amount of poor driving (both carts and cars). Shudder.

She'll be thrilled that we are staying home to watch the game and enjoy some homecooking tonight. Ledcat cracked open the chicken cookbook which bodes well for dogs on a heavy meat diet. And the kitties that love them. Sort of.

The boys are having a good day. They helped me clean the yard. Xander and I played fetch. Deus laid on the deck and supervised. Xander rejected his apple slices, but Deus ate them up. Both were very intrigued when Ken the handyman made an appearance and were prompt to inspect his work upon completion. Ken hurled himself against the fence a few times to prove to me that it would withstand the impact of a 120 lb dog at a full run. I believe him. Ouch.

Boris went to the vet. He is in good health and actually gained weight.

For a rainy playoff Saturday, that's the report. I'm going to go down, crack open the latest Mystery of Ancient Ireland and invite various pets to drape themselves about me.

3 comments:

Debby said...

Heheheh....that Giant Eagle is not known as the Ghetto Giant Eagle for no reason, but technically, it's in Bellevue, not Brighton Heights.

Sue said...

I hate the term Ghetto Eagle. It is incredibly racist and I always wonder why people use it. One of my friends described the Chinese Buffet near my office as the "Ghetto Buffet" which she means as a compliment ... it was pretty good for a "Ghetto Buffet"

How is that term funny? And I've heard every inner-city Giant Eagle described that way ... Lawrenceville, Shakespeare, Cedar Avenue, South Side, even Edgewood Towne Center.

Why is it funny? Is it meant to be an ironic reflection on that fact that Giant Eagle corporate doesn't give a damn about inner city stores (except Market District)? ????

Sue said...

That being said, let me carefully clarify. I don't think people use it with the intent of being racist. I *hear* people intending to be funny/ironic, but I can't get past the racist implications of the term.