Friday, January 18, 2008

This is our by week

Mona gets a week to rest. No chemo for her until next Friday. She celebrated by chewing a hole in the blanket she sleeps on and eating 100% of the treats I left to keep her fattened up. She hasn't polished off her treats in days.

Her eating patterns have turned a bit to grazing. She ate about 1/2 of her supper (dog food and green beans), but she's back out there now chowing down on dog food about 4 hours later. I was never big on free feeding b/c of housebreaking, but I'm totally into it with her. If she eats, I'm happy.

Her disposition has been good. She's playful and energetic. Ledcat says she woke her up when she walked in the door. She gives you this sleepy eyed look as if she doesn't know who you are. Meanwhile, her tail is beating a million times a minute. Some watch dog. Thank god for her brother and the ever vigilant kitties.

I'm going to continue trying to pack on the pounds in a healthy way for Miss Mona. Gonna grill up some chicken to stuff in her kong now that the turkey is gone. She loves chicken.

Speaking of Kongs, my friend is putting in another round of orders and I'm debating what to get. Ledcat thinks we have enough of "those gross things" as she puts it. I like sales. And they do get kind of stretched out with giant monster dogs sucking on them. Nothing in this world is as disgusting as a 125 lb dog nursing a XXL Kong like a pacifier. Ick.

We plan to hang out a bit this weekend so Miss Mona should get plenty of TLC. I even bought her a new fleece blanket at Penneys tonight.

No comments: